Remote working opens up a world of exciting opportunities – and I really do mean world. With the latest technological advances in the realm of communication, borders are no longer barriers. In some situations it is now possible to work remotely from absolutely anywhere…
For many people the term remote working suggests a small office space at home, or a co-working space that provides an alternative working environment. It is a workspace that allows them to apply focus away from the traditional company office. But today’s modern inter-connected world allows the true entrepreneur to dream and achieve on a much bigger scale. Let me tell you about my remote workspace, to give an example of what is really possible when you start to live and work on your own terms.
I live with my partner on a small two acre island off the Caribbean coast of Panama. Our home is completely ‘off-grid’. We have no connection to mains electricity or water. Solar cells and a bank of batteries provide our power and rainwater collection …….
Read the full article on Virgin Entrepreneur here:
Here are some of the things on our “bucket list” for 2014
- Visit Boquete in Panama
- Buy an RV (motor home) in Texas, US
- Take an immersion language course in a Spanish speaking country
- Visit Grand Canyon National Park
- Kayak at Lake Powell
- Go on the “alternative” JFK tour in Dallas
- Renew our PADI dive certifications
- Free Diving Course (Ian)
- An overnight horse riding experience
- Organize a paid public speaking venue for Ian
- Sky-diving wind tunnel experience
- Blog for a recognized travel magazine
- Whale watching on the Baja California peninsula
- Go to see a Bollywood Film
- House sit in New York – Christmas 2014
We will shortly be leaving our island in Panama to travel to America and beyond.
We start our new adventure in Dallas, Texas where we will be buying a second hand RV. This will be our home for the next three months as we travel through Texas on our way to the Grand Canyon.
We’d love to hear from you if you can help with any of our goals.
If you would like to see our intended route on Google Maps, hit the link below. Of course this could change at any time …..
Ian & Vanessa’s US Travel Route 2014